Monday, May 29, 2006

Fuji F30-world's best P&S camera


The Fujifilm F30 is easily the best point and shoot digital camera in the world right now. hpicckcy of DPreview forums has given us the first installment of his incredible pictures, and it's fantastic. In lousy conditions, it gave such perfect quality I could not believe that it came from a cheap P&S DSC. The possibilities are endless - just by stepping up the ISO up to 3200, you can handhold most of your shots, even night shots for that matter!

Christmas seemed to come early this year. My previous blogpost on What Next for Digital Cameras came to life with the F30 for point and shoots. This F30 has such incredible dynamic range, such low noise levels, that ... for anyone in the market for a point-and-shoot digital camera today, it simply HAS to be the F30, even though it uses XD.

Probably, XD will find a new lease of life with this one. So will Fuji.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST P&S camera indeed!

It's been 3 years since the F30 was originally released, and I'm having a really tough time deciding on an upgrade.

I've been researching for weeks to find a decent sized P&S camera with the features I'd like and good quality. BUT NOTHING!

F30 remains superior in every aspect! I even decided to almost double my budget, and concider a bigger sized camera, SLR style or an actual low priced DSLR camera... and yet nothing!

I'm kinda happy that my 3 year old camera still kicks @ss. I was always a big fan of Fuji, I can't hide my disapointment, that Fuji failed to reproduce F30's success with their newer F50, F60 & F100 models :(

Anonymous said...

Consider the Fuji S6000FD (or S6500fd as named in Europe). It is a Bridge camera from 2007 and has the same sensor of Fuji F30fd and F31fd but on a better build body, and same low light capabilities...check it out!