Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thatcher's Advisor Debunks Assertions of Global Warming

Read here.

I've recently been greatly influenced by reports of global warming, not that I'm an expert, but it sure is intuitive that with all the heat pumped from our cars, factories etc. to the atmosphere, something bad's gonna happen. And Climate Change has become such an all-pervasive religion that I've scarcely heard any authoritative source.

So when a Thatcher fanboy like myself read Christopher Monckton's pop-science article at the Telegraph, it was something I wanted to spend a few minutes on. Read it yourself and judge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i suppose you have watched it, but if you haven't - catch Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. Fascinating.

Anyway, -if- what Al Gore says is true - 100% of the science articles sampled in a random survey agreed on the idea of global warming, while over 50% of journalistic articles disagreed on global warming.

My opinion is that media industries throughout the world have become too big or too manipulated for a group of small individuals. And that's the most scary part for me - the ability to influence... and sometimes even lie outright to confuse people.

Unknown said...

My worries about global warming were effectively stoked by Stephen Baxter's non-fictional work, Deep Future. No I did not watch Al Gore's feature or read the book. And I should.

You worry about the media, I worry about the scientific establishment too. It's easier to cramp a scientist's style rather than to force a journo.

After all, the unfortunate thing is that scientists in this area are all `working for the state' and even those in external organizations depend on state grants.